Flip Side Burgers
Cajun Pork Burgers
– 3/4 pound andouille, removed from casing
– 1 pound ground pork
– 1 rib celery, finely chopped
– 1/2 green bell pepper, finely chopped
– 1 small white onion (boiling onion),finely chopped
– 3 cloves garlic,minced
– 4 sprigs fresh thyme, chopped and about 1 tablespoon or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
– 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper sauce, several drops
– Coarse salt and black pepper
– 1/2 cup chili sauce
– 1/4 cup (3 well-rounded tablespoons) mayonnaise or reduced fat mayonnaise
– 1/4 cup (3 well-rounded tablespoons) prepared sweet red pepper relish
Toppings: lettuce or hearts of romaine, sliced vine ripe tomato, and 5 crusty rolls.
Serving suggestion: Red Bean Salad, Cajun Oven Fries.
Cut sausage into large chunks and place in a food processor.Grind sausage into crumbles. Combine ground sausage with pork, vegetables, garlic, thyme, hot sauce and a little salt and pepper. Form mixture into patties using BurgerMate and cook 7 minutes on each side on an indoor electric grill preheated to high. To cook in a skillet, heat a nonstick skillet over medium high heat and cook burgers 6 to 7 minutes on each side.
For outdoor grill, cook patties 6-inches from hot coals or over medium high gas heat 6 minutes on each side, covered. Mix chili sauce, mayonnaise, and sweet relish in a small bowl.
Serve burgers on crusty rolls with special sauce, lettuce and tomato. Serve with red bean salad and Cajun oven fries.